Pasteurized milk and dairy products are safe.
The FDA has confirmed that heat treatment kills other coronaviruses, so pasteurization is expected to also inactivate this virus. In addition, there is no evidence that this strain of coronavirus is present in domestic livestock such as cattle. The virus is spread through aerosol transmission and close human contact, not through food products.
- Iowa Department of Public Health
- This fact sheet on coronavirus
- The USDA’s coronavirus response and information page
- The FDA’s coronavirus page
- The CDC’s coronavirus page
- Case tracker, courtesy of Johns Hopkins
- NMPF March 13 statement on coronavirus response
- NMPF on RFD-TV discussion of coronavirus and dairy impact (March 12)