Central Plains Dairy Expo Bus Tour
March 26 @ 5:45 am - March 28 @ 6:30 pm
Join the Northeast Iowa Dairy Foundation, Iowa State University Extension and Outreach and Western Iowa Dairy Alliance for a three-day bus trip to Central Plains Dairy Expo in Sioux Falls, S.D., March 26-28. This trip offers dairy farmers, students and industry members an opportunity to visit the expo along with industry stops and dairies of varying size, management and technology. Tour stops include:
- Trans Ova Genetics: Providing industry-leading reproductive technologies and expertise, Trans Ova works closely with clients to understand breeding goals and help advance and extend superior genetics.
- Stensland Family Farms Creamery: A family-owned 200-cow dairy and creamery that produces freshly bottled milk, ice cream, aged cheese and cheese curds.
- Central Plains Dairy Expo: The biggest all-dairy trade show between Madison and Tulare that includes a free welcome reception, concert and trade show with 300 exhibitors from all over the United States.
- Gehl Manufacturing: Located on 34 acres, the 260,000-square-foot Madison site is a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility equipped with laser cutters and robotic welders.
- Rock Bottom Dairy: First generation dairy farmers purchased an older 100-cow dairy and expanded their farm to 1,800 Jersey cows.
- Great Heritage Holsteins: A 50-cow registered Holstein dairy that has bred over 100 Excellent cows and has exhibited cattle at the district, state and national level.
Cost is based on the number of people her hotel room.
- $219* for four people per hotel room
- $239* for three people per hotel room
- $269* for two people per hotel room
- $369* for one person per hotel room
A $100 non-refundable deposit is due March 8 to hold your spot.
*Prices are variable based on number of participants. Prices will not exceed the cost listed. Remaining balance will be due at the start of the trip.
The bus will depart from Iowa’s Dairy Center in Calmar at 5:45 a.m. on Tuesday, March 26, and return on Thursday, March 28, at approximately 6:30 pm. Pick up locations along Highway 18 can be arranged. A more detailed itinerary, cost information and registration form can be found below. Registrations are due on Friday, March 8.
For more information and to register, contact Mariah Schmitt, Dairy Center Coordinator, at (563) 534-9957, ext. 107, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsors of this dairy tour include Diamond V, Iowa State Dairy Association, Phileo Lesaffre Animal Care, Perspective Insurance and Zoetis.